Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Uno Giorno

Unlike many others attending the JFRC in the Fall I am packed and ready to go. One day left and I'll be heading off to Roma, Italia. I'm super stoked :D

I only have a few photo copies to make, some Euro to pick up from the bank, and a whole lot of waiting time (about 26-27 hours since I'll be leaving pretty early Wed morning to make it to O'hare). Having to be there 4 hour early blows, but it should be fine. Hopefully some others will be there extremely early as well..I can only hope.

I wish I was heading there with a little more Italian under my belt, but at least I attempted to learn a few words before hand. It shouldn't be too terrible.

I hope to capture some glimpse of the experiences I have in Rome, so as to inspire others to go sometime and to share my amazing opportunity to study abroad. I am very appreciative to be able to go on this wonderful adventure, thanks to a few scholarships. I can't wait to travel around Europe and experience the culture (especially the wonderful food!!)!

If you have Skype add me: boyscrangl. We can chat sometime -- I'll make it a habit to update my away message with the times (In Rome and Chicago) that I'll be available to talk.

My next entry will be from the library of the JFRC! :D

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment